Monday, February 1, 2010

Vegas Vacation (1997) *1/2

Four years after torching his career live on Fox late night, Chevy Chase returned to the well to soil the legacy of Clark Griswold with Vegas Vacation, a film so bad that National Lampoon wouldn't even put their name on it.

You get the idea from the title: the Griswold's go to Vegas in a romp that is not funny and soils the previous three films, and I am including European Vacation. At least that movie had John Astin instead of Wayne Newton. Serial cheap ass Randy Quaid returns as Eddie. I can barely contain myself. My question is that if Clark hates him so much, why in the hell does he insist on taking vacations close to where Eddie lives? If you can afford a fucking pool with your Christmas bonus, then you can swing for Atlantic City, Florida, or Hawaii. Tickets to Vegas are quite inexpensive you cheap bastard, so avoid you're kin and go somewhere else.

Yes, Vegas Vacation sucks. It doesn't sucks as much as the Chevy Chase Show, but it's still pretty horrible. I still need to discuss my cocaine theory some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment