Saturday, January 23, 2010

Command Performance (2009) **

Command Performance follows the adventures of a drummer named Joe (Dolph Lungdren) as he plays Moscow as part of the opening act for American pop star Venus (Melissa Ann Smith). Everything's good, right? Nope, because a group of terrorist come stomping in, shooting the audience and hold the Russian President and his daughters hostage. Who will save them? Only Ivan Drago!

I'm going to be honest with you. I rented this because it looked like pure shit. Occasionally I like to watch a total piece of garbage just for the hell of it. It's therapy. So my hopes weren't set to high. Then while watching the credits I get the surprise that the film was written and directed by Dolph Lungdren. What!?! The guy can barely act, let alone run a production. But the truth is that this is an average action flick. Hey, average is better than blah! I was actually entertained and even though Dolph loves the shaky cam, he does a respectable job as director. He's no Scorsese, but it works.

Now I'm not calling this a great movie. It's not a good movie. It's actually a bad movie. But it's Death Wish 3 bad, not Spider-man 3 bad. Just think of it as vegetating for an hour and a half while Ivan Drago goes around kicking ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment